Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ghosts of Christmas Past



Last Christmas we made a home Christmas movie with lots of shredded paper {aka fake snow}

That paper hung around for months. I would sweep, vacuum, mop and still find those little shreds.

I thought I was finally rid of it all until this week when we unboxed our Christmas Tree.

MORE WHITE PAPER SHREDS!

They seemingly jumped out the box and were once again in every corner of the living room.


It was like the Ghost of Christmas Past come to haunt me!



Are you similarly haunted at this time of year?

I got to thinking about some things in our lives that hang around that we might want to eliminate.

Do you feel overwhelmed at this time of year
Do you feel sad that you can't provide all you would like to give
Do you feel insecure about what others think of you
Do you feel underwhelmed ~ things just aren't like they used to be
Do you feel let down by family members
Do you feel wrongly focused
Do you feel time is flying by too fast and you haven't achieved even half of what you would like

This season can sometimes exaggerate the missing things in our lives ~ family problems, the desire for material things, the expectations ~ all can sometimes set us up for seeming failure.


AS we take time to focus on the most important things and weed out some of the paper shreds left behind, or the ghosts of the past that hang around for much longer than intended I hope that we may find some feelings of peace this Christmas New Year Season.

I find this yearly Christmas Devotional helpful. Also take time to relax, ponder, write down what we want, what we want to change and how we can have that better life next year.

The common word JOY can be broken down as such : Jesus, Others, Yourself. When we take time to do these things, we can feel a greater sense of peace.

The Happiest People  surround themselves with others, give freely {not expensive gifts}, forgive easily, buy less, keep busy. Other Secrets of Happiness are Knowing who you are, confidence in your potential, ability to unplug and unwind, enjoy what you do, have a natural zest for life.

Reading those articles showed me how blessed I am, that through my religion I have most of those things. ~ I know why I am here on earth and where I am going after, I understand my divine potential, we are given the daily opportunity to pray, meditate, read scriptures, I know that motherhood is the most divine calling on earth, we attempt to live healthy, live well and I believe have that natural zest for life.


May we remember these things when we need a little lift of happiness.



If you would like to know more about what I believe go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment